What I Offer
I offer professional development in language, literacy, and reading instruction. My work is engaging, relevant, research-based, and carefully tailored to meet the needs of your school or district. My professional development comes in two formats: face-to-face and online. Below is a partial list of some of my topics:
- Think Big with Think Alouds: Building Reading Comprehension through a Three-Step Process
- My, What Big Words You Use!: Improving Vocabulary Instruction through Read Alouds
- The Question is the Answer: Supporting Emergent Readers and Writers
- Sort Your Heart Out: Words Study in K-5 Classrooms
- Comprehension and Composition with Informational Text
- Hot Tips for Fluency Fun
- Unlevel those Libraries: Motivating Independent Reading through Access, Relevance, and Choice
- The More You Read, the More You Know: Best Practices for Comprehension Instruction
Face-to-Face PD Details
I offer anything from a two-hour workshop to a long-term coaching relationship. My work is hands-on, engaging, and motivating. Embedded in research and best-practices, I engage participants in hands-on activities and share my passion for reading instruction.
Online PD Details
Because teachers never seem to have enough time, I offer three formats of virtual professional development. My offerings can be self-paced and allow teachers to select their own topics, for increased buy-in. I use a variety of digital tools (Zoom, GoogleHangout, Insertlearning, etc) to offer any of the following:
Mastermind Meetings, where I virtually assemble a small group of people to talk about their work, set professional goals, learn together, and problem solve.
Read It and Reap, where I moderate an online book club for articles and books that I’ve authored. InsertLearning allows me to add commentary, insert a video for teachers to watch, and ask thought-provoking questions
Flipped PD, where I create modules for your staff including links to videos, articles, and other relevant learning tools which teachers access on their own time.
Are you interested in working with me?
Enter your details below to start a conversation.